March 28, 2010

The Man Cave (aka the Garage)

Remember the free crates etc that I mentioned in an earlier post, that Richard had taken apart and now has piles of wood from plywood to 2x4's. Along with the lawn care stuff the garage had been taken over, we could barely walk through it anymore. After working a couple hours in the yard today we cleaned out the garage. We made a trip to Goodwill and filled his truck full of trash for him to dump tomorrow at work. He hung up peg board so he could 'organize' his tools, stacked the wood pile and reorganized some shelves. I even pulled out my label maker.. Richard laughed at me, but I don't care, at least I know what is the boxes now.

We haven't even lived in the house two years yet and it amazes me how much JUNK we have accumulated. Not nearly as bad as the people on Hoarders, but still. Richard asked me earlier if he was a hoarder, and I said no.. pack rat. He said not a pack rat but an "opportunistic" .. he keeps everything for the possibility of being able to use it in the future. His words, "It was free, and I took the opportunity of getting all of it" . I have come to the realization that we will probably have to build a rather large workshop eventually to house it all.

It was a great Sunday, and we have a sense of accomplishment of todays adventures. At least till we need to do it again in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment